Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Singapore - Pandan Pancake With Coconut Filling (Kueh Dadar)
Pandan Pancake With Coconut Filling
Makes 22 pieces
- Pandan Pancake
- half teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 225g flour
- 1 tablespoon sago flour
- 565g grated fresh coconut, white, for No.1 milk
- 2 teaspoon Pandan flavouring
- Squeeze grated coconut to get No.1 milk, should get 225ml.
- Set aside. Add 455ml water to grated coconut and squeeze again to obtain 225ml No.2 milk.
- Set aside.
- Blend the two types of coconut milk together with other ingredients and mix till smooth.
- Strain into another bowl.
- Add pandan flavouring.
- Stir well. Let stand for half hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan.
- When hot, remove pan from heat and grease base.
- Pour enough batter to cover the base of the pan thinly.
- Fry pancake till edges curl slightly upwards.
- Pile pancakes on a plate to cool before filling.
- Fill each pancake with 2 tablespoonfuls of coconut filling. fold to enclose filling, then roll.