Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Singapore - Kueh Baulu
- 3 egg yolk, fresh
- 4 egg white, fresh
- 100 g : sugar
- 0.5 tsp : essence, vanilla
- 100 g : flour, wheat
- 1 tbsp : flour, tapioca 0
- .25 tsp : baking powder
- Sieve together wheat and tapioca flour and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs and sugar till stiff.
- Add in vanilla essence.
- Fold in 20grms of sifted flour with 100ml of egg batter.
- Slightly grease and heat the special mould in a pre-heated oven of 250C.
- Spoon the well-folded batter to fill about 3/4 level of each compartment.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. Repeat with the balance of the batter until all used up.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.