Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Singapore - Kueh Ambon
- 15g instant yeast
- 110ml warm water
- 80g plain four
- 1 tsp sugar
- pandan leaves
- 350 coconut milk
- 30g butter
- 250g sugar
- 120g tapioca flour
- 6 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Mix yeast, warm water, 1 tsp of sugar and plain flour in a bowl. Stir till batter is smooth.
- Cover and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- Cook pandan leaves, coconut milk and salt over low heat.
- Stir in butter and leave it to cool.
- Pour in the batter and sugar.
- Beat briefly.
- Add in tapioca flour and eggs.
- Beat at low speed for a while and add in coconut milk mixture.
- Pour into a lined tray and leave to prove for 2 1/2 hours.
- Bake in a preheat oven at 170 degrees for 15 minutes and then lower to 150 degrees and bake till cooked.