Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Singapore - Kueh Lapis
- 570cc or 30 egg yolks
- 525-600 g butter, whipped or melted
- 100 g flour, sifted
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbs. special layer cake extract or Ground Allspice
- 15 g powdered milk
- 1/2 tps. powdered vanilla extract
- Place the egg yolks, granulated sugar and vanilla into mixing bowl.
- Beat to very high soft peak.
- Stir in the layer cake extract, flour, powdered milk, condensed milk and butter.
- The batter should be very thick.
- Place wax paper at the bottom of a 8x8 inch buttered baking pan.
- Spread butter on top of the wax paper as well.
- Pour 3-4 Tbs. of batter into the wax covered pan and bake in a preheated 350°F oven (gas oven is better than electric oven) for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press the cake evenly.
- Pour another 3-4 Tbs. of batter and bake it again for five minutes.
- Keep doing this step until the batter is finished.
- Cool for a while when you have finished.
- Whilst the cake is still warm place absorbent paper towel on top and underneath, weight slightly and allow excess butter to flow through the cake and into the towel.
- Serve when cool.