Saturday, May 26, 2012
Singapore - Fresh Salad With Peanut Sauce (Keredok)
Fresh Salad With Peanut Sauce
- 1 fresh red or green semihot chili, cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small slices kencur, soaked in water for thirty minutes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon tamarind, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup thin-sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup lettuce, broken into bite-size pieces
- Crush the chili, garlic, salt, kencur and peanut butter in a mortar so it’ll become the sauce of the dish.
- Add the tamarind liquid and sugar. Mix well.
- Toss the sauce with the vegetables until well mixed. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Makes 4 servings, with other dishes.