Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Singapore - Toddy Huat Kueh
Toddy Huat Kueh
- 600g grated coconut
- 300g rice flour
- 20g green bean flour (lek tau hoon)
- 225ml fresh coconut juice
- 375g castor sugar
- 225ml toddy
- A few drops pink colouring
- Squeeze out thick coconut milk from the grated coconut without adding water.
- Set the milk aside.
- Combine rice and green bean flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add fresh coconut juice gradually and mix into a smooth batter.
- Set aside the batter to leaven for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and toddy to the rice flour batter.
- Put aside, covered with a damp tea towel for 3½–4 hours to leaven again.
- Add thick coconut milk to the leavened batter and set aside for another two hours.
- Add colouring to the batter and stir well to mix.
- Pour the batter into a tray. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove and leave aside to cool before cutting.