Saturday, May 26, 2012
Singapore - Terong Balado
- 1 lg Eggplant
- 3 Garlic cloves, -sliced or chopped
- 4 tb Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c Tomatoes (fresh), ripe
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 t Salt
- 2 ts Red hot chili peppers, -fresh
- 1/2 c Water
- 2 tb Vegetable oil
- Cut the eggplant into long quarter-round strips.
- Bake them at 400 200 for 20-25 minutes, or until they are soft but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the onion, garlic, tomatoes, salt, sugar, peppers and water and mash with a wooden spoon until it forms a coarse paste.
- Fry the tomato paste in the oil until the liquid is reduced (about 10 minutes).
- Pour the sauce over the eggplant and serve immediately