Saturday, May 26, 2012
Singapore - Steamed Mushroom Wraps (Pepes Jamur Kuping)
Steamed Mushroom Wraps
(Pepes Jamur Kuping)
- 100 gram cloud ear mushroom, soaked in hot water until soft, then drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml medium thick coconut milk from ¼ coconut
- banana leaves Spice Paste Ingredients:
- 10 red chilies
- 10 bird shit chilies (prik kii nuu)
- 7 small shallots
- 3 small cloves garlic
- 5 candlenuts
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cm fresh galangal (langkuas)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. palm sugar or brown sugar
- Slice the mushroom in 1 cm lengths and mix together with the egg, santan and the spice paste blend.
- Devide the mixture among 20 packets made of banana leaves.
- Fold the ends of the packets and seal.
- Steam the packets for about 25 minutes until done.
- Remove and set aside.
- Broil the packets over medium heat until liquid has evaporated.
Makes 20 Wraps