Saturday, May 26, 2012
Singapore - Five-Spice Stir Fry
Five-Spice Stir Fry
Serving Size: 4 Preparation Time :0:35
- 8 ounces vermicelli, spaghetti, or linguine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener
- 12 ounces mushrooms -- cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots -- quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium onion -- cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 6 oz.)
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix until blended.
- Set aside.
- Spray a nonstick skillet or wok with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, onion, and garlic.
- Cook and stir 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook 2-4 minutes or until vegetable are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add sauce, cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and thickened.
Serve over pasta.