Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Singapore - Bubur Cha-Cha
- 300g yam, diced
- 300g sweet potato, diced
- 80g black-eyed beans, soaked in hot water for 2 hours
- 100g sago pearls
- 100g tapioca starch
- boiling water
- 3 cups thick coconut milk
- 100g sugar, or to taste
- 3 pandan leaves, knotted
- Steam yam and sweet potato separately until soft (about 20 minutes) and set aside.
- Remove the beans from the water it had been soaking in and cook in boiling water until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Cook sago pearls in a pot of boiling until they become translucent (about one half hour). Remove and set aside.
- Using a spatula, add boiling water to the tapioca starch in a mixing bowl, bit by bit until it becomes doughy.
- Mix well.
- When it can be handled with bare hands, roll into 1cm thickness and cut into strips.
- Cook in boiling water until they become translucent (about one half hour). Remove and soak in iced water until needed.
- Put coconut milk, sugar and knotted pandan leaves into a pot and bring to a gentle boil, stirring continuously.
- Add yam, sweet potato, black-eyed beans, tapioca jelly and sago pearls and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.