Saturday, May 26, 2012
Singapore - Asinan (Sweet And Sour Cucumber Salad)
(Sweet And Sour Cucumber Salad)
Serving Size : 4
- 3 ea Cucumber, large
- 1 ea Onion, med
- 1 ea Thai chile dressing
- 1/4 c Vinegar, white
- 1/4 c Oil
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 t Sugar
- 1/2 t Garlic powder
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumbers.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Seed and thinly slice the chile.
- Put the cucumber slices in a shallow bowl, arrange the onion slices on top and sprinkle with the chile slices.
- Combine all the ingredients with the dressing, mixing well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Pour the dressing over the onions and cucumbers and refrigerate a few hours or overnight if possible to allow flavors to blend.